[Eric] ANN: New eric 4.4 snapshot released

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Mon Apr 20 18:34:34 BST 2009

On Sonntag, 19. April 2009, Timothy Rue wrote:
> Click anything in the contents window and eric4 exits
>
> I can enter text in the "look for" and "search for" boxes and it will
> show results.
> And I can sometimes click on the context of "look for" results and it
> will show the url in the browser url space but no content.

You have to double click the entries. I am observing similiar problems, that
the contents is not shown. If you press the reload button, it is displayed.
That problem seems to be related to Qt 4.5 because testing this using Qt
4.4.3 doesn't show the problem.

There are other situations that might happen.

> clicking on anything in the search for findings will exist eric4.

I cannot reproduce this one.

> The browser side seems to work ok, as does a regular web browser as a
> help viewer.
>
> QT assistant seems to be tied to the QT3 location set by the QT settings
> for QT3
>
> "Custom" I can't seem to get to work though I point it to a valid
> path/assistant.  i.e. /opt/qt/bin/assistant

assistant has been changed and doesn't accept a file passed via the
commandline. I'll fix this. That said, assistant is not good to be used as
the custom viewer. A custom viewer must be able to handle the file/url to be
shown given through the command line.

Detlev

detlev at die-offenbachs.de