[Eric] Changing the Interactive Shell font?

Geert Vancompernolle geert.eric4 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 07:22:49 BST 2009

Minjae Kim wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I noticed that when I am working with large arrays, arrays are not
> displayed as pretty since (my guess is that) the font used by eric on
> the shell is not monospaced.
>
> I would like to change the font of the shell if possible.  Any
> suggestions are welcome.
>
> Best,
> Minjae

One way to change the font (and other properties for one or more style
elements) could be the following:

   1. Open Eric4
   2. Make sure the shell window tab is active, then right-click and
      select "Configure..." (you could also select "Settings -
      Preferences..." in the top menu, that's the same).  The
      preferences dialogue is now visible
   3. On the left of the preferences dialogue box, select "Editor -
      Highlighters - Styles"
   4. On the right, select "Python" as "Lexer Language".  Now you will
      see all available style elements for that language (Python).

You can change the foreground, background, font,... for each style
individually or you can select the background, font and "fill to end of
file" for all styles together.

Hope this solves your problem.

--
Best rgds,