[Eric] version control usability (Was: Re: version control problems)

Vicent Mas uvep at ono.com
Tue Mar 27 07:49:51 BST 2007

El Monday, 26 de March de 2007 18:49 Detlev Offenbach escribió:
> On Montag, 26. März 2007, Vicent Mas wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to use the version control capabilities of eric4, mainly
> > diff and commit operations. However they have an unexpected (at
> > least for me) behavior. First I open the difference window, then I
> > open the commit one but, once the commit window becomes active, the
> > difference window (the rest of eric in fact) cannot be activated
> > again, the only usable window is the commit one. Normally I write
> > detailed commit logs so I need to read the diffs when I'm writing.
> > But the current behavior doesn't allow me to do it.
> >
> > Is this the expected behavior?
>
> Yes, the commit dialog is a modal dialog.

Hi again,

yes, I know that the dialog is modal. But my point wasn't about it being
modal or not. The subject was usability. Currently the commit dialog
makes impossible to review the diffs when you are writing the commit
log. I think that doing this review is something quite common (at least
for me :-). IMHO the usability of this eric capability would increase a
lot if diffs could be accessed in the commit dialog (as they can, for
instance, in the Tortoise SVN gui). Just an opinion. You can
disagree, of course :-)

--
::

	Share what you know, learn what you don't