[Eric] auto indentation problem

Vicent Mas uvep at ono.com
Mon Mar 5 08:04:52 GMT 2007

El Monday, 5 de March de 2007 08:16 Vicent Mas escribió:
> El Saturday, 3 de March de 2007 10:03 Detlev Offenbach escribió:
> > On Freitag, 2. März 2007, Vicent Mas wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I've just installed eric4 and tried it. Really impressive.
> > > Unfortunately Python autoindentation is not working. In the
> > > Preferences dialog 'Auto indentation' and 'Auto indentation after
> > >
> > > :' checkboxes are both checked. Is the problem due to a bug? Or I
> > >
> > > need change the configuration? My software versions are:
> > >
> > > Python 2.4.4
> > > Qt 4.2.2
> > > PyQt 4.1.1
> > > sip 4.5.2
> > > QScintilla 2-snapshot-20070117
> > > Eric4 4.0-snapshot-20070218
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance for your help.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > make sure Indentation Width is set to something greater than Zero.
> > Except from this it should work and it actually does over here. I
> > am using eric4 on a daily basis and I would have recognized this
> > problem instantaneously.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Detlev

One more reply, but now to the mailing list as it should (sorry for my
previous mail Detlev).

Hi again,

thanks for your reply. I've double checked my configuration and it
seems to be OK. The Indentation Width is set to 4, but the auto
indentation still doesn't work. I suppose that I'm doing something
really silly somewhere but I don't know what is it. Please tell me if
you have more hints. If I'm not able to make it work I'll have to
come back to eric 3 (which is working fine here with the same
configuration for auto indentation).

Thanks in advance.

--
::

	Share what you know, learn what you don't