[Eric] auto-compile forms, check syntax

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sun Jan 14 14:53:31 GMT 2007

On Sunday 14 January 2007 15:35, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Eric 3.9.1. I wanted to use 4.x but I didn't have time
> because pyqt from Debian is too old (at least when I checked it some
> weeks ago, maybe now is already updated.
>
> I have two questions (my project is Qt4):
> -After change a form, forms are not automatically compiled. But in
> project settings I have marked "Automatically copmile changed forms".
> Any other hint? (of course, I change the form using designerqt called
> from Eric)

The forms are compiled the next time they are needed, which is for a debug
session or a run session or any one of the others. They are not compiled, if
you do not invoke any of the run/debug/... actions.

> -Sometimes (often :-) ) there is some syntax error in my programs. I
> have seen that "Right click" - "check" - "Syntax" tells me it. I would
> like that when I close the document or when I execute the project this
> thing is checked.  I have seen in preferences (but I cannot find now)
> something related on it and was enabled, but was not working. Any tip?

That setting may be found in the configuration dialog Editor->General page. It
should work (at least it does over here with eric 3.9.4).

detlev at die-offenbachs.de