[Eric] What am I doing wrong in 4.0.1 (speed issues)?

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at vrplumber.com
Sat Aug 11 17:07:26 BST 2007

Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> On Montag, 6. August 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>
>> On 06.08.07 17:04:04, Mike C. Fletcher wrote:
> Eric4 actually just populates the model with all the files contained in the
> project file. Everything else (like parsing a file to show classes and
> members) is done on-demand.

Then, something weird is going on.  I am seeing about *5-8 seconds* to
expand the tree branch for directories with a couple of dozen files
(i.e. items that should already be in the model) in reasonably large
projects.  Something is taking an enormous amount of time to make a
machine this powerful run that slowly.  The same slowdown is seen every
time the tree view is refreshed AFAICS, e.g. when switching files, when
opening files etceteras.  If the information is all in-memory the access
shouldn't be anywhere near that slow, even if all of the code being run
is Python.

I'll have to see if I can find some time to look into it.  The pauses
are starting to drive me crazy when I'm working on larger projects.

Thanks, and have fun,
Mike