[Eric] What am I doing wrong in 4.0.1 (speed issues)?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Aug 8 18:10:22 BST 2007

On 08.08.07 18:38:07, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> On Montag, 6. August 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 06.08.07 17:04:04, Mike C. Fletcher wrote:
> > > So, my question is basically; is there some known issue where I can flip
> > > some switch and get back to Eric3/Qt3 performance levels?  If not, is
> > > there a reasonable way to profile Eric in order to find out what's taking
> > > all the time?
> >
> > Well, one way to make eric4 more snappy is if the fetching of the
> > directory entries wouldn't be done in the GUI thread, but a separate
> > thread and then this thread would send the data to the GUI thread (to
> > create the model items) every once in a while, so you see a directory
> > populating.
>
> Eric4 actually just populates the model with all the files contained in the
> project file. Everything else (like parsing a file to show classes and
> members) is done on-demand.

Thats not what I meant. Even populating the model takes some time for
larger directories. And that could be made more snappy by simply
populating the model a bit, let the GUI draw the new stuff, populate a
bit more... (I guess you know what I mean)

Andreas

--
You'll be called to a post requiring ability in handling groups of people.