Fwd: Re: [Eric] Special caracter - QScintilla question

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Fri Nov 3 18:28:41 GMT 2006

On Friday 03 November 2006 18:46, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 November 2006 3:47 pm, you wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I checked it with SciTE and it works. I checked it with the example
> > application coming with QScintilla and it doesn't work. Therefore I
> > think, it is a QScintilla rather than an eric problem. Phil, could you
> > please try to confirm this?
>
> Forget my other reply - I should have read the rest of my messages first.
>
> Can you tell me how to recreate the problem? I have a UK keyboard with just
> an Alt-Gr key (other than the usual ones).
>
> Phil

In KDE I mapped the CAPS LOCK key to be the Compose key and then I tried
several editors (kwrite ok, scite ok, QScintilla test editor not ok).

-------------------
Go to KDE Control Center -> Regional Settings -> Keyboard Layout
Xkb-Options: Compose key position
Typically it's set to right win key, which boils down to:
setxkbmap -option compose:rwin
resulting in:
<right win key><^><a> -> <â>

I used caps lock instead of <right win key> because I have a Linux keyboard.

Regards
detlev at die-offenbachs.de