Issue with latest QScintilla

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 14:06:16 BST 2022

Am Thu, 25 Aug 2022 14:57:57 +0200
schrieb Detlev Offenbach <detlev at die-offenbachs.de>:

> I am using the QScintilla wheels and I think, they are not built with
> debugging. Will this work nevertheless? I have used gdb in ages and
> don't know any more, how to do that.

https://www.google.com/search?q=basic+gdb+usage
Attach gdb to the process before you crash it. You might have to allow
ptrace, "echo 0 | sudo tee /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope"
The "gdb --pid <PID>" and inside the gdb shell "continue" and after the
crash "bt"
Having debug symbols would be better, but even w/o it will at least
give a general idea about the nature of the segfault.

Does that btw. mean that you're using the same version of QScintilla,
just on different OS stacks?