bug report: when load a large text file, such as 30M size . then change into Word wrap mode , Memory crept up to 1.5 gigabytes

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 08:29:32 BST 2022

Am Fri, Apr 15, 2022 at 12:55:15PM +0800 schrieb 爬山虎:
>when load a large text file, such as 30M size , i see The memory usage is within 400M.
>
>but when i change into word warp mode, Memory crept up to 1.5 gigabytes.
>
>After exiting the wrapping mode, memory can come down。
>
>I found notepad++ no such problem. There should be a memory problem, can anybody find it?

There's very old https://sourceforge.net/p/scintilla/bugs/927/ and so
this seems to be / have been a general scintilla issue and I'd supect any
difference coming down to the fact that QScintilla uses a dated version
of Scintilla as backend.

The cause is (likely) that the document will be processed as whole and
in totality to wrap the lines - the CPU spikes immediately and the RAM
might or not (didn't test, I was dumb enough to try that on a realllly
huge file) eventually get released again.

Finally (did only the one test) it might be due to specific
WrapMode / WrapVisualFlag / WrapIndentMode flags.