[QScintilla] Hooking into user list selection before it is finalized?

Paul Kerchen pkerchen at simcreator.com
Fri Jan 30 20:16:50 GMT 2009

Greetings,
For my application, I would like to have a window that appears whenever a
user list is displayed.  That window would display additional information
about whatever is currently selected in the user list (brief description,
maybe a link to the API documentation, etc).  So, it seems that I would need
the following information from QsciScintilla:

* A signal to indicate when the user has cancelled the user list (i.e., hit
escape w/o selecting anything) so that I can get rid of the additional
window.
* A signal for whenever the currently highlighted item in the user list
changes (so that I can keep my other window in sync with the user list
selection).

Looking through the docs, I don't see anything that does this.  The closest
I've found is userListActivated and SCN_USERLISTSELECTION, but they only
notify me about the selection the user finally chose.  Are there such
signals that I just haven't noticed?  Or, is there another way to accomplish
what I would like to do?

Thanks,
Paul Kerchen