[QScintilla] autocompletion popup make application looses focus

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 15:01:53 GMT 2008

2008/12/17 waldemar <waldemar at beechwoods.com>:

> I also noticed this problem in Fedora 10 and going through the archives, I
> noticed the following response from Phil (at the end of the quote below).
>
> My question is to Phil:  Does your response mean:
>
> A. The bug is in Gnome
> B. The bug is in qscintilla but is visible only in Gnome
>
> Would you mind clarifying?  Thank you.

>> Description of problem:
>> When autocompletion popup appears, the application looses focus. So I
>> can't
>> type anything, select an item, or use escape key to hide the completion
>> popup.
>> I must use the mouse to give focus to the application, to have a normal
>> situation.

I also have this on fluxbox (ubuntu 8.04). Though not *quite* like
that - I can choose the completion, but having pressed enter, the
control does not *always* return to the window. This means I have to
reactivate the window to resume typing.

Also, pressing TAB on the completer does not choose the completion -
rather, it moves on to next completion, unless it's the last
completion shown. If it's the last, it will be chosen. With the same
app, the whole things works ok on windows.

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio