[QScintilla] Mac OS X: brackets and other special characters

Andrea Battisti battisti at actgate.com
Thu Jun 7 09:34:54 BST 2007

>> I'm using a slightly old version of QScintilla ( 1.7.1 snapshot 20061029
>> ) on Mac OS X (10.4.9).
>> I looked at the changelog of the latest versions but I did not find
>> reference to fixes to this issue.
>>
>> I found a problem in the handling of special characters on the Mac
>> version of QScintilla: I'm not able to type brackets (neither square nor
>> curly) not even symbols like #@ normally accessed with the "alt" key on
>> Macs.

[...]

> Please try a released version - that snapshot is very old. Support for
> accented characters was added recently.

I tried with the Mac/Linux version 1.71-gpl-1.7.1, listed here:
http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/qscintilla/download.php
The other version for Mac available (1.73-gpl-2.1) has a different API.

The problem with the special characters (i.e. cannot type @ # [ ] { }
... ) affects also that version, 1.71-gpl-1.7.1.
Is this a problem related to QScintilla or scintilla?

Any hints on how to report/solve this issue?
Before thinking to move to the new API, I want to be sure that the move
will solve this problem on Mac OS X (the same problem doesn't exist on
Linux and Windows, also on older versions of QScintilla).

Thanks again,

--
Andrea Battisti - ACT Corp.