[QScintilla] Mac OS X: brackets and other special characters

Andrea Battisti battisti at actgate.com
Wed Jun 6 16:40:31 BST 2007

>> I'm using a slightly old version of QScintilla ( 1.7.1 snapshot 20061029
>> ) on Mac OS X (10.4.9).
>> I looked at the changelog of the latest versions but I did not find
>> reference to fixes to this issue.
>>
>> I found a problem in the handling of special characters on the Mac
>> version of QScintilla: I'm not able to type brackets (neither square nor
>> curly) not even symbols like #@ normally accessed with the "alt" key on
>> Macs.
>>
>> Do you have any suggestions? Should I report the problem directly to
>> Scintilla?
>> I'm not sure if this is the correct place where to ask for support (we
>> bought a commercial license for QScintilla).
>> Any help is very appreciated.
>>

> Please try a released version - that snapshot is very old. Support for
> accented characters was added recently.

Ok, but brackets do not work (they are fine on Linux and Windows also on
that shapshot...).

Anyway I tried right now with the 1.73-gpl-2.1 version but it does not
works against our code; did the API change since

1.7.1 snapshot 20061029 ?

What is the version to use to minimizes manual editing and obtain the support for brackets on MACs?

Thank you again,

--
Andrea Battisti - ACT Corp.