[QScintilla] Overriding dropEvent

Baz Walter bazwal at ftml.net
Fri Dec 7 19:18:03 GMT 2007

Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Friday 07 December 2007, Baz Walter wrote:
>> Phil Thompson wrote:
[snip]
>>> I must be missing something, but why not create a new QDropEvent in your
>>> reimplementation of dropEvent() that contains the modified text and pass
>>> it to QsciScintillaBase::dropEvent()?
>> I tried this, but with no success. QDropEvent doesn't seem to be
>> designed to used in this way - there's no way to set the text for an
>> instance or pass it to the constructor.
>
> You can pass a QMimeData instance in the ctor.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am using Qt3 for this (I'm reusing
some old code). I can see from the Qt4 docs that it's now possible to
pass a QMimeData to the QDropEvent constructor. So I suppose this will
have to wait until I get around to porting to Qt4 - unless you know of a
workaround for Qt3...

--
Baz