[PyQt] PyQt4 and PyQt5 together on Linux?

Sibylle Koczian nulla.epistola at web.de
Wed Mar 4 16:58:18 GMT 2015

Hello,

because I can't use PyQt5 for database applications I installed PyQt4 on
Ubuntu 10.14 in addition to the existing PyQt5 installation. I've used
the package manager for both, no visible problems installing. I did
install the PyQt$-SQL package.

But: if I try to connect to a PostgreSQL database I get the message that
the driver QPSQL isn't available. The list of available drivers only
contains QSQLITE, QSQLITE3, QMYSQL.

With PyQt5 I can access PostgreSQL databases from that same (virtual)
machine, but as I wrote on February 11 adding new data to a qtableview
doesn't work as expected.

What is wrong and what should I do?

Thank you for help,
Sibylle