[PyQt] TableView - activated signal

Mateusz Korniak mateusz at ant.gliwice.pl
Tue Feb 21 15:47:26 GMT 2012

On Tuesday 21 of February 2012, Mads Ipsen wrote:
> On 21/02/2012 15:32, Mateusz Korniak wrote:
> > On Tuesday 21 of February 2012, Mads Ipsen wrote:
> >> (...) I attach a snippet that reproduces the issue. So run
> >> the example and try to tell me why the activated signal is NOT triggered
> >> when a cell is clicked, double-clicked, entered etc.
> >
> > I get handlers called for click, dbl-click, and hitting enter.
> > python-PyQt4-4.8.5
> > QtGui-4.7.4
> >
>     * But if you navigate around in the cell using arrow keys and then
>       press space, the cell is opened, but no signal is triggered.
>     * If you then write something in the cell and press TAB to leave the
>       cell - no signal is triggered.
Perhaps above are cell contents edits, without activation.

>     * Also, I would expect a double-click to also trigger the activated
>       signal, since the cell is activated by the double-click.
That works for me:
activate on cell[1,1]
doubleClick on cell[1,1]

> In short: What does it mean that a cell is activated? What actions will
> trigger this signal?

"This signal is emitted when the item specified by index is activated by the
user. How to activate items depends on the platform; e.g., by single- or
double-clicking the item, or by pressing the Return or Enter key when the item
is current" ?

Regards,

--
Mateusz Korniak
"(...) mam brata - poważny, domator, liczykrupa, hipokryta, pobożniś,