[PyQt] installation problems with PyQt4-4.9 under python3.2.2

melli79 melchiorG at gMail.com
Sun Feb 5 15:54:27 GMT 2012

OK, I have found an itermediate solution for the Nokia problem, namely
downloaded qt-4.8.0-opensource-mac.dmg instead of Nokia's SDK.  This seems
to contain shared libraries as the PyQt-config script does no longer require
the -k flag (for static libraries).

Unfortunately, I now have a new problem.  Still PyQt4-4.9 configures,
compiles, and installs without errors or warnings.  However when I run a
PyQt-program, I get the following error message:

   ImportError: dlopen(<PYTHONLIB>/site-packages/PyQt4/QtCore.so, 2): Symbol
not found: _PyInt_Type
     Referenced from: <PYTHONLIB>/site-packages/PyQt4/QtCore.so
     Expected in: flat namespace
    in <PYTHONLIB>/site-packages/PyQt4/QtCore.so

Does anybody know where the symbol should be and how to load the
corresponding library?

Thanks for suggestions
melli