[PyQt] installation problems with PyQt4-4.9 under python3.2.2

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Sun Feb 5 10:42:24 GMT 2012

On Sat, 4 Feb 2012 11:13:12 -0800 (PST), melli79 <melchiorG at gMail.com>
wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> I have downloaded and compiled (after configuration) PyQt4-4.9 with
> SIP-4.13.1 (and static libqt-4.7.2)

...why a static Qt?

> under python-3.2.2 under Mac OSX.6.
> The
> scripts even installed all that was compiled without complaint, but when
> run any PyQt-program I get error messages such as:
>
>    Traceback (most recent call last):
>      File "helloQt.py", line 6, in <module>
>        from PyQt4.QtGui import QApplication, QLabel
>    ImportError: No module named QtGui
>
> The strange thing is also that
<PYTHONLIB>/site-packages/PyQt4/__init__.py
> contains only comments no packages to load.

...which is correct.

> Nevertheless the directory
> contains libQtGui.a and all the like.

...which implies you have built a static version of PyQt (which you would
link with a custom version of the interpreter).

> Did I miss an important step during configuration/ installation?

So what exactly are you trying to do, and how did you invoke SIP's and
PyQt's configure.py?