[PyQt] ANN: dip v0.2 Released
phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Thu Sep 9 09:43:30 BST 2010
dip v0.2 has been released and can be downloaded from the usual place.
Most changes are in response to feedback gratefully received rather than
new areas of functionality.
>From the NEWS file...
- Python v2.6 and v2.7 are now supported.
- Attribute observers are now only invoked if an attribute has actually
- Attribute observers are now passed an AttributeChange instance that
fully describes the change to the attribute.
- The _default_xxx() methods for identifying a method for providing an
attribute's default value have been replaced by a type's 'default'
- The _get_xxx() methods for identifying a method to be used as an
attribute's getter have been replaced by a type's 'getter' decorator.
- The _set_xxx() methods for identifying a method to be used as an
attribute's setter have been replaced by a type's 'setter' decorator.
- The _observe_xxx() methods for identifying a method to be used as an
implicit observer of an attribute have been replaced by a type's
- Support for automatically invoking type factories has been removed. For
example, 'attribute = Str()' must be used instead of 'attribute = Str'.
- Support for automatically invoking view item factories has been removed.
For example, 'MessageArea()' must be used instead of 'MessageArea'.
- 'Adaptor' has been renamed 'Adapter' throughout dip.
- The dip.model.BaseType class has been renamed to TypeFactory.
- The dip.model.ValueType class has been renamed to ValueTypeFactory.
- The dip.model.ContainerType class has been renamed to
- The dip.model.MutableType class has been renamed to MutableTypeFactory.
- The dip.model.ValueTypeFactory.default() method has been replaced by the
- dip.model.ModelType has been removed as it is now equivalent to
- dip.model.TypeSpecificationError has been removed.
- MetaInterface and MetaModel are now part of the dip.model API.
- dip.plugins.Plugin now implements IPlugin so that sub-classes don't have
- The default pickle protocol used is v2.
More information about the PyQt