[PyQt] QFileOpenEvent and double-clicking files

Nathan Weston nathan at genarts.com
Fri Oct 29 16:30:58 BST 2010

I'm trying to use QFileOpenEvent on Mac to make files open in my
application when they're double-clicked. It very nearly works -- if my
application is already running and I double-click an associated file (or
drag a file onto the dock icon), it receives a QFileOpenEvent as expected.

If my application isn't running, then double-clicking a file launches
the application -- but it never receives the QFileOpenEvent.

Is it possible that the OS is sending the "open" Apple Event before
QApplication is initialized in order to receive it? Does anyone know of
a workaround?