[PyQt] swig vs sip

Jan Haag haag498 at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 4 12:55:01 BST 2010

On 10/2/10 5:44 PM, Mohammed Rashad wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am newbie to sip and swig. I want to make python bindings for the C++ GUI library FOX.
> Which is the best option swig or sip?
> please explain you view on the question.

You may find the views on this list somewhat biased in favor of sip...
However, swig strives for simplicity, particularly for small foreign
function libs, while sip gives you much more control over the generated
bindings (witness PyQt api v. 2; v. 1 is more like what you may expect
in swig and I'm not sure even this would work). As I know little about
FOX, I can't tell you more than that.

Jan