[PyQt] QStandardItemEditorCreator missing

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Thu Nov 25 12:11:13 GMT 2010

Hi Phil,

attached is an attempt to port the coloreditorfactory example to PyQt.
This reveals a few issues, though.

the most prominent thing, that stands out, is that
QStandardItemEditorCreator is missing. This wouldn't harm as such, if I
would be able to wrap my mind around PyQt's Qt property support,
although it would make the task more convenient being able to subclass
from the widget in question instead of QItemEditorCreatorBase.

This revealed another question: basing a custom item delegate editor on
QItemEditorCreatorBase takes defining a Q_PROPERTY with a USER keyword.
How could this be archived with PyQt? You mention the support of Qt
properties by keyword. But how does this map to the READ/WRITE/WHATEVER
pattern of Q_PROPERTY macros?

If these are laming questions, I'm sorry about that. I've been caught by
a strong cold and still suffer from it.

Pete