[PyQt] Render ps files

Mark Summerfield list at qtrac.plus.com
Sat Mar 6 18:12:48 GMT 2010

On 2010-03-05, Matt Smith wrote:
> Is there a way to render ps (postscript) files, to a pixmap, or QImage?
> Something I could display in a widget at least.
>
> thanks
> mbs

I don't think there's anything built in to PyQt to do this.

However, you could use ghostscript to convert PS to PDF and then use the
Qt version of the poppler library to render the PDF pages to QImages.

(I've done this in C++/Qt and believe that there is a Python wrapper for
poppler, but I haven't used it.)

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd, www.qtrac.eu
    C++, Python, Qt, PyQt - training and consultancy