[PyQt] Limit the height of a Layout

Matt Smith melkor at orangepalantir.org
Wed Mar 3 23:55:47 GMT 2010

You should be able to 'setMaximumHeight' you can also use the
setSizePolicy and set the widgets size policy to what you want.  And
there is a method for QBoxLayout where you set the 'stretch factor' when
you add a widget, so that certain widgets will stretch preferentially to
others.  Maybe you could make a short example of your layout and
somebody will fix it.

I find the layouts of Qt to be really convenient without resorting to
the designer.  But at the same time, now that I am more familiar with
Qt, I use the designer to whip up some really quick examples.

mbs