[PyQt] PyQT/Sip installation
mrch81 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 16:41:39 GMT 2010
Finally I used MinGW because I had many issues with nmake.
I have done a step by step procedure of what I did if someone else is
looking for such information.
1. Get SIP (http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/)
2. Unzip SIP4.10 in an empty folder
2. Get PyQT4 (http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/)
3. Unzip in another folder.
4. For commercial version ,get
5. For commercial version, copy pyqt-commercial.sip to
6. Install Python 2.6.4
7. Install QT LGPL version (http://get.qt.nokia.com).
8. Now you need either MSVC 2008 or MinGW installed to have "make" command
6. After above installations, go to SIP folder. Launch a command prompt on
7. Launch following cmd for MinGW : python configure.py --platform win32-g++
8. Then launch : C:\MinGW\bin\mingw32-make.exe
9. Then launch : C:\MinGW\bin\mingw32-make.exe install
10. Go to PyQt folder.
11. Launch following cmd : python configure.py
12. Then launch : C:\MinGW\bin\mingw32-make.exe
13. Then launch : C:\MinGW\bin\mingw32-make.exe install
Have a nice weekend,
On 18 February 2010 20:46, Yao Ko <koyao at raptr.com> wrote:
> Try 'nmake' from Visual Studio 2008 Express.
> On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 10:54 AM, M Chauhan <mrch81 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > I am trying to install PyQt/SIP. It requires launching "make" on windows.
> > But "make" doesn't run on windows. Do I need something extra to install
> > on windows?
> > I checked on the old archive mails but I couldn't find something to help
> > solve this.
> > Log:
> > D:\sip-4.10>python configure.py
> > This is SIP 4.10 for Python 2.6.4 on win32.
> > The SIP code generator will be installed in C:\Python26.
> > The SIP module will be installed in C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages.
> > The SIP header file will be installed in C:\Python26\include.
> > The default directory to install .sip files in is C:\Python26\sip.
> > The platform/compiler configuration is win32-msvc2008.
> > Creating sipconfig.py...
> > Creating top level Makefile...
> > Creating sip code generator Makefile...
> > Creating sip module Makefile...
> > D:\sip-4.10>make
> > 'make' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> > operable program or batch file.
> > Thanks,
> > Mrugesh.
> > _______________________________________________
> > PyQt mailing list PyQt at riverbankcomputing.com
> > http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/mailman/listinfo/pyqt
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the PyQt