[PyQt] Error in packaging python xmpp app with pyinstaller

Rahul Anand rahulanand.fine at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 15:12:23 GMT 2010

Hi, I'm trying to make a gtalk client using python xmpp module. I used PyQt4
for the GUI and used threads to run the xmpp connection. The app is
connecting to the server and working fine.
But now I need to package it together for distribution. I tried pyinstaller,
and the files were packaged without any error. But when I run the app from
the packaged file, it returns an error
"*An error occurred while looking up _xmpp-client._tcp.gmail.com*"
and is unable to connect to gtalk server anymore.

Is this because dnspython module may not be included in the package created
by pyinstaller? What can I do to get this right and working?

--
*Read my blog:* http://eternalthinker.blogspot.com/
<http://eternalthinker.blogspot.com/>

*Read my COMICS: *http://etonfire.blogspot.com