[PyQt] building pyqt and qt.conf

Erik Janssens Erik.Janssens at conceptive.be
Sat Dec 11 13:31:08 GMT 2010

Hi,

I was trying to build the latest snapshot of PyQt and
for a reason I don't understand, PyQt would always
build against QT installed on the system, despite pointing
it explicitly to a custom QT build using the -q option.

After many hours of looking, I found this was due to
the fact that I had put a qt.conf file in the bin dir
of QT to make it load plugins.

Now I now how to fix this, but I don't understand
why.  What is the relation between qt.conf and
the PyQt build system.

The qt.conf only contained a line to set the prefix
to '.'

Thx,

Erik