[PyQt] QNetworkAccessManager and "finished" signal

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Apr 13 14:48:22 BST 2010

Hi,

I am trying to fetch an image with the HTTP protocol, using the QNetwork
methods. I can see in my webserver log that the get request was made, but
in my python script, the method that should be triggered by the "finish"
event never executes.

Here are the relevant parts of my code:

self.networkAccess = QNetworkAccessManager(self)
QObject.connect(self.networkAccess,SIGNAL("finished(QNetworkReply)"),self.receiveFoto)
self.networkAccess.get(QNetworkRequest(QUrl("http://myserver/gruenanlagen/fotos/"+
uster_nr + ".jpg")))

def receiveFoto(self,networkReply):
	QMessageBox.warning(None,"Debug","Received data")
	byteArray = networkReply.readAll()
	myImage = QImage.fromData(byteArray)
	myPixmap = QPixmap.fromImage(myImage)
	self.gruenanlage_foto.setPixmap(myPixmap)

the "receiveFoto" method is never called, but I see the get request in the
webserver log. Is there something wrong with my connect? Any other idea
why the receiveFoto method is never executed?

Thanks,
Andreas

--
Andreas Neumann