[PyQt] QTreeWidget invisible root item

Taylor Carrasco crackerbunny at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 20:45:34 GMT 2009

Well, I'm wondering if I should bother with the invisible root item.

The situation is - I have many "root" nodes coming from Maya, all going to
be displayed in column 0, and their subsequent row, with a parent/child
relationship (obviously the roots have no parent). But my question was
related to whether I should bother with this "invisible root node",
attaching parenting my Maya root nodes under the invis root, or if I need to
create my own, or if I should create one like you've shown.