[PyQt] Unable to install on Mac Snow Leopard

Antonio Valentino antonio.valentino at tiscali.it
Wed Nov 25 07:58:40 GMT 2009

Hi Darren,

Il giorno Mon, 23 Nov 2009 21:42:37 -0500
Darren Dale <dsdale24 at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 8:25 PM, Kareem Yusuf <koyusuf at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > When I try to install PyQt, and run Make I get the following
> > error ... In file included from
> > /Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Headers/qmetatype.h:45,
> >                  from
> > /Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Headers/QMetaType:1,
> >                  from sipAPIQtCore.h:40,
> >                  from sipQtCorecmodule.cpp:34:
> > /Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Headers/qglobal.h:288:2:
> > error: #error "You are building a 64-bit application, but using a
> > 32-bit version of Qt. Check your build configuration."
> > make[1]: *** [sipQtCorecmodule.o] Error 1
> > make: *** [all] Error 2
> >
> > I had read some of the threads that suggested that some fixes had
> > been placed into the latest dev snapshot, which I am using. However
> > still getting the same problem.
> > Please advise.
>
> I just installed everything this morning on snow leopard without any
> problems. I installed the Qt release candidate binary, and then the
> most recent stable releases of sip and pyqt from sources.

in the last few days there was more than one thread discussing PyQt
installation on Snow Leopard but I'm still unable to get it running.

In my case the error happens at import time (I can't provide details
since I'm not on my macbook right now).

Please can you provide more details on installation procedure you used?

Which version of Qt 4.6 RC did you used? Cocoa? 32 or 64 bits?
In this case did you still use the -arch=i386 flag?

Thanks in advance

--
Antonio Valentino