[PyQt] Unable to install on Mac Snow Leopard

Kareem Yusuf koyusuf at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 01:25:39 GMT 2009

When I try to install PyQt, and run Make I get the following error ...

In file included from
/Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Headers/qmetatype.h:45,
                 from
/Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Headers/QMetaType:1,
                 from sipAPIQtCore.h:40,
                 from sipQtCorecmodule.cpp:34:
/Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Headers/qglobal.h:288:2: error: #error
"You are building a 64-bit application, but using a 32-bit version of Qt.
Check your build configuration."
make[1]: *** [sipQtCorecmodule.o] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

I had read some of the threads that suggested that some fixes had been
placed into the latest dev snapshot, which I am using. However still getting
the same problem.

Please advise.