[PyQt] need drawing application demo

Mitchell Model mmodel at gen9bio.com
Thu Nov 19 14:14:08 GMT 2009

I am just starting to do serious work with PyQt, having used many
other GUI/widget toolkits over the years. The rich collection of demos
and examples included in the installation -- apparently a large subset
of the ones in the Qt installation -- is impressive and very helpful.
I am surprised, however, by the absence of what to me is the canonical
demonstration, and one that I often program as my first exercise in a
new toolkit: a small drawing program. The program should offer a
palette of shapes (including lines), with the ability to place, move,
resize, delete, and duplicate a shape. Optional features like
specifying the color or size of the border and the color of the fill
are good too. Grouping, locking, anchoring lines to shapes, and Undo/
Redo/History would be even better.

Surely a demo like this exists somewhere? Could someone point me to
one? (I am aware of the Diagram Scene example. It has some of what I
am looking for, but apparently no way to resize shapes using the
standard maneuver of grabbing a handle or corner and dragging).