[PyQt] PyQt4, Qt on osx SnowLeopard

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Nov 17 18:22:22 GMT 2009

Here's what I do for using a 32bit Qt 4.5.x (binary distribution), with SIP 3.9 and PyQt 4.6.  The key is to use the new arch flags in the current SIP and PyQt versions.

For SIP:

export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.6
python configure.py -n -d /Library/Python/2.6/site-packages -b /usr/local/bin -e /usr/local/include -v /usr/local/share/sip --arch=i386 -s MacOSX10.6.sdk
make
sudo make install

For PyQt:

export QTDIR=/Developer/Applications/Qt
python configure.py -d /Library/Python/2.6/site-packages -b /usr/local/bin --use-arch=i386
make
sudo make install

You will get a lot of warnings about "Support for this version of Mac OS X is still preliminary", but they're harmless (so far).