[PyQt] restoreState not working for QDockWidgets

Brian Zambrano brianz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 04:29:29 GMT 2009

In my mainwindow, I'm calling saveState and restoreState.  This is working
like a charm for the main window's geometry.  However, the three dock
widgets contained in the main window are reset in between sessions.  I've
made sure to name all of the dock widgets uniquely, but no luck.

QWindow.saveState seems pretty clear: "Saves the current state of this
mainwindow's toolbars and dockwidgets."

Is there some trick I'm missing to get this working?

I'm using PyQt 4.5.4 and Qt 4.5 on OS X 10.5.8.

BZ