[PyQt] QGraphicsView rubberband traces

Ahmet Emre Aladağ aladagemre at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 23:29:52 GMT 2009

Hi All,

I see leftover (rectangle) footprints/traces when I use rubberband as
dragmode to make a selection on GraphicsView. There are lots of rectangles
and they don't disappear as I enlarge my selection. Just like re-painting
doesn't work. When I move another item over those leftovers, they are
removed like the item is a eraser.

This happens only on Linux dists (Pardus+PyQT 4.5.2 and Kubuntu+PyQt 4.6.1).
There's no problem with Windows XP+PyQt 4.6.1. Also it's not special to my
laptop. My friends had the same issue on theirs.

The example program I'm using is: http://pastebin.com/m5ae3c97f and same
thing also happens on simpler apps.
Screenshot: http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/5260/rubberband.png

By the way, there's no problem when I write a program with rubberband in C++
and QT.

Any ideas about what the reason might be?

--
Ahmet Emre Aladağ
http://www.emrealadag.com