[PyQt] Problem with latest sip causing wrong function to be called(QVariant related)

Matt Newell newellm at blur.com
Tue Nov 3 17:53:32 GMT 2009

I have these two functions in a class. Same definition in both the .h and
the .sip file.

	MappedRecordList filter( const QString & column, const QVariant & value, bool
keepMatches = true ) const;

	MappedRecordList filter( const QString & column, const QRegExp & re, bool
keepMatches = true ) const;

Called as

.filter('service',QRegExp('^Fusion'))

before it would call the second function as expected, now it is calling the
first.  I'm not sure when this behavior started.  I am using sip 4.9.1.

I can write a test case if needed but i'm guessing you'll understand the issue
without one.

Matt