[PyQt] a demo of pyqt

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Mon Nov 2 21:14:03 GMT 2009

On Monday 02 November 2009, 19:42:05 John wrote:
> Hi,
> openSUSE 11.0
> python 2.5 or python 2.6
>
> I'm trying to find a demo of pyQT somewhere similar to the wxPython demo.
> It's not part of my distro install of pyQT3/4.  Can someone point to a
> link?

Of cause it is, at least if built and packaged properly, which I've taken
care of here:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/frispete:/branches:/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Desktop/

resp. here:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/frispete:/branches:/KDE:/Qt/

While the former tries to give the nicest eric user experience, even in
fancy environments (e.g. deviations from released 11.1 distribution), the
latter contains the essential stuff only.

After installing python-qt4-devel just run:

python /usr/share/doc/packages/python-qt4-devel/examples/demos/qtdemo/qtdemo.py

Enjoy,
Pete