[PyQt] PyQT spreadsheet

Giorgio Luciano giorgio.luciano at inwind.it
Sun Nov 1 19:44:01 GMT 2009

We are building a small scientific framework using PyQT. The idea is to have
a MDI with tables and the ability to copy and paste (and import) txt, csv,
matlab, and excel files.
The idea is to have a more tiny friendly environment for data analysis.

So far we have implementd the MDI, and we are implementing the tables (via
QTable widget)

I've digged around (and also asked in this list)  but it seems there are
really No examples of spreadsheet made in qt (the only one that I know is
StupidSheet on google coode but it seems no more active).

Anyone that would like to use the code since now and is interested in
implementing is very wellcome and also any hints about the topic.
We will be glad also if people would like to give feedback on what we have
implemented.

problems we have

-clipboard from excel/opencalc doesnt' split  correctly
-doubt about if it would be useful to implement special formatting in the
tables

I hope we could merge (help) with the owner of subplot routines ;)
http://code.google.com/p/subplot/people/detail?u=bhclowers (anyone there)

here's the link of SVN

http://code.google.com/p/openchem/source/browse/#svn/trunk

Cheers to all
Giorgio

Not to mention that the project is opensource and it will be released under
GPL (or BSD, still to see but no money from it :)))