[PyQt] Compile PyQt with mysql driver support

Nahuel Defossé nahueldefosse at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Mar 9 19:58:18 GMT 2009

Hi,
after some google searches I discovered that I had to recompile PyQt to get
MySql support on windows. So I donwloaded Qt 4.4.3 from Trolltech (the version
recompiled and bundled with mingw), sip 4.7.9 and pyqt source 4.4.4.
I compiled sip with no problems. Then I compiled Qt's mysql driver plugin
folowing the Qt wiki[1]. I didn't compile whole Qt library but just the
plugin.
Then I compiled PyQt4, except for some problems with some definitions in qt
headers, everything went fine. I did not pass anything but the platform to
configure.py, I thought it might take Qt current config. After compilation I
tested QtSql module and there is no mysql driver, just sqlite and odbc.
Am I doing something wrong?

I suspect it absolutely necessary to recompile Qt (since [1] suggests to do
so), but I thught maybe if it's just a plugin, it could be built
independently.

Thanks
Nahuel
[1]