[PyQt] QFileDialog exec bug?

Luca Fasano lucafasano at interfree.it
Thu Jun 25 10:14:53 BST 2009

Hi all,

I suspect there's a bug in QFileDialog exec_ method.
I created a QAction that, when triggered, shows a QFileDialog to open a
file.

In this filedialog:
- if I select a filewith "Open" button or "Enter" Keyboard shortcut all
works fine
- *but* if i select a file *double-clicking on it* the QAction seems to
*remain checked* (continuing to show eventual messages on QStatusBar)

Where I'm wrong? Is there a bug?

I have this problem  only on Linux OS (versions: PyQt and Qt 4.5.1),
while in Windows OS all works fine in every case (versions older than
Linux ones: PyQt 4.4.3, Qt 4.4.1).
I use *exec_* method to show the dialog
If I try to use getOpenFileName static method all works on Linux too.

As you noticed I use PyQt.

Thanks