[PyQt] Top level widget without task bar entry on windows?

vamp kurt.barlow at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 22:16:46 BST 2009

Hello,

I have a nice fading effect that I am using the setWindowOpacity() to
accomplish. I need my widget to be at the top level to be able to set the
opacity and achieve the effect. The problem is that the window (which is
frameless) shows up in the Windows task bar, but I already have a "top
level" application window so that gives me two task bar entries. Is there
any way I can avoid this?

thanks