[PyQt] QWebPage plug-ins

Alejandro Serrano trupill at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 14:36:29 BST 2009

On Domingo 14 Junio 2009 14:26:38 Phil Thompson escribió:
> On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 12:05:26 +0200, Alejandro Serrano <trupill at gmail.com>
>
> wrote:
>
> It's true that earlier versions of PyQt registered a lot of C++ types that
> Qt didn't register automatically, but that was an implementation detail and
> not documented behavior. As the registration is template based it has to be
> done from C++.
>
> Phil

I see... The problem that I'm facing is that I am creating the application
using plug-ins, and I need them to create different widgets in the QWebPage. I
have thought about two solutions, and I would like to know whether they are
possible:
1. Create some C++ or SIP function that would register a type passed as
argument somehow. That way I would only need one C++ library. Maybe just
something that would wrap qRegisterMetaType...
2. Make all plug-in derive from some common class and then register the base
class. If I do that, could I use the derived classes from QWebPage?

Thanks in advance