[PyQt] Bug report: Installer PyQt-Py2.5-gpl-4.4.3-1 for windows (second attempt)

Mark Khait mark.l.khait at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 07:26:14 BST 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Phil
Thompson<phil at riverbankcomputing.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 16:54:10 +0600, Mark Khait <mark.l.khait at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> When Python is installed in “User only” mode (not for all users),
> PyQt
>> installer can`t locate Python`s install path.
>> I think installer doesn`t check registry root HKEY_CURRENT_USER
>> alongwith HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
>> Registry path is the same in both
>> cases(‘SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore\2.5\InstallPath’).
>>
>> Also, when launched under user (not Administrator) account, installer
>> doesn`t save info about PyQt4 in registry (in HKEY_CURRENT_USER root,
>> SOFTWARE\PyQt4). It saves info only in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE root, only
>> when launched under Administrator account.
>>
>> Thanks, Mark.
>>
>> P.S. Please answer you can read my message normally - last time i send
>> message from another e-mail and it was attached as a link in
>> mail-list, not very goot to read...
>
> I think this is fixed in newer installers. Older installers (ie. those for
> older versions of Python) will not be updated.
>
> Phil

Thanks for reply, Phil!

That`s correct, i`ve checked - all is working for PyQT for Python 2.6
and 3.0. This bug is only in installer for Python 2.5.
I`m using your installer inside mine (my app is based on PyQT), so how
I can fix this bug myself (maybe I can tell installer somehow where
Python lies)?

Regards, Mark.