[PyQt] Qt or PyQt problem?

Darren Dale dsdale24 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 15:37:15 BST 2009

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 10:23 AM, "V. Armando Solé" <sole at esrf.fr> wrote:

> Darren Dale wrote:
>
>> Hi Armando,
>>
>> Relatedly, I think there is a small problem with the PyQt4 documentation
>> for the overloaded QAbstractItemModel.createIndex method. It looks like Qt's
>> documentation for passing a pointer is being presented in PyQt4's method for
>> passing an identifier, and PyQt's pointer method documentation is empty.
>>
>> When I first read PyQt's documentation for this method, there was nothing
>> to indicate that the id passed to createIndex should end up as the index's
>> internalId(), so I wrote a workaround. But now that I read Qt-4.5's
>> documenation for this method, it seems clear that these identifiers should
>> be equal.
>>
>> By the way, is your windows machine 32 or 64 bit?
>>
> 32-bit. Anyways there is something weird. I have tried masking id and
> internalId with the operation & 0xFFFFFFFF in order to generate the same
> values. Nevertheless, the self._idMap dictionnary keeps growing. I always
> end up with an infinite tree in linux-32 and not in linux-64.
>
> By the way, does the posted code behaves properly on your system? Sometimes
> fails even at 64 bit.

When I run this version of your script, the two identifiers are never the
same:

import PyQt4.Qt as qt

import random

class Model(qt.QAbstractItemModel):
  def index(self, row, column, parent):
      a=[random.random()]
      index =  self.createIndex(row, column, id(a))
      print "Next two values should be the same"
      print "indexInternalId = ", index.internalId()
      print "id(a) = ", id(a)
      return index

if __name__ == "__main__":
  app = qt.QApplication([])