[PyQt] Scripting framework and licensing

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Thu Feb 19 10:15:15 GMT 2009

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 09:20:03 +0000, Simon Hibbs <simon.hibbs at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I understand that user-written Python scripts in a commercial PyQT
> application isn't allowable as it makes them effectively developers.
That's
> a pity but completely understandable.
>
> However does this also apply to using the QT scripting framework? It
would
> be useful to enable users to write their own algorithms for some
> calculations in an application I'm working on, and Javascript would do
the
> job just fine.

IANAL, but I don't see a problem as long as you don't allow fully-powered
Python scripts (imports and all). If you limit it to a few builtins and
maybe add more of them to the builtin namespace, I think it's perfectly
fine even with the commercial version.

http://code.activestate.com/recipes/496746/
--
Giovanni Bajo