[PyQt] PyQt createIndex question

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Sep 14 10:49:02 BST 2008

On 13.09.08 23:23:42, Doug Nichols wrote:
> Does the QAbstractModelIndex.createIndex() function increment the reference
> count for python objects passed into the internal pointer parameter?  It
> appears that it does not.  If it does not, is it supposed to?

I think the answer is no to both. The C++ equivalent also doesn't manage
the pointer passed into createIndex.

BTW: At least in the past its been easier to keep a dict of the
underlying data objects with their id() as key and then use just the id
for createIndex.

Andreas

--
Try to get all of your posthumous medals in advance.