[PyQt] pyqt slow

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Sat Sep 6 20:39:29 BST 2008

On Sat Sep 6 19:03:18 BST 2008, Aminu D wrote:

> I am wondering if anyone has been successful running pyqt applications
> on windows...I have an application that runs smoothly on ubuntu and it
> took considerable effort to port it to windows. But even now it runs
> very slow, the Qt connections are slow, MySQLdb could be faster but is
> ok and it keeps freezing. So I'm asking is PyQt even stable on windows
> so I can start exploring other options.

Did any of the suggestions I made privately in response to your question
on qt-interest help you at all?

Are you sure that it's the connections that are the problem? Could you
possibly profile the application (with either the profile or hotshot standard
library modules) to see where the slowdown happens and where the freezes
occur?

David