[PyQt] Calling protected methods on objects

Paul Giannaros paul at giannaros.org
Mon Sep 1 22:28:13 BST 2008

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 9:29 PM, Simon Edwards <simon at simonzone.com> wrote:
> Hello Phil,
>
> I'm busy working on integrating Python with Plasma in KDE 4. The API for
> doing network distributed applets is a bit convoluted, there is a lot of
> delegation of methods calls to other objects. I've hit a part where it would
> be really handy if I could call protected methods on objects which were not
> created by Python itself.

I hope it is possible to do what you're trying.
In case SIP can't change, you may be interested to know that I
complained on the Plasma mailing list regarding the overzealous
use of protected functions a while back. Seigo seemed happy to work with
script engine developers and change the API where necessary.
Reference: http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/panel-devel/2008-June/014053.html
I also found the Ruby guy's input quite interesting.

Regards,
PAG