[PyQt] qt limitation question

Oguz Yarimtepe comp.ogz at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 14:41:43 GMT 2008

Hi,

I was trying to make my GUI frameless by using
self.setWindowFlags(QtCore.Qt.FramelessWindowHint) at the widget class.
But i was not doing it at the init part of the widget but during some
process at my application. I am rendering pdf files and showing them at
QGraphicsView. I am also rotating the view of graphicsview. When i
rotate i am hiding every other widget except from graphicsview and
maximizing it as much as possible. I tried to get rid of the frames also
but although i call the setWindowFlags, nothing changed. Is there a
limitation that i can not change frame property after the app started?

Another thing is about resizing the QGraphicsView. Although i try to
maiximize QGraphicsView, there always happen a gap between the window
frame and itself. Is this a usual? What should i do to get rid of it?

Here is the class for the ones to check the view, but it is just a
simple GUI with a QGraphicsView inside: http://rafb.net/p/E9XJSU82.html

pyuic file: http://rafb.net/p/w0SdOl80.html

I have also a graphicsview.py file that defined some keypress and
mousepress events.